Sunday, October 28, 2012

DCWV Upcycled Cereal Box

I love re-purposing items and especially if I can make them look prettier.
I really like DCWV Scrapbooking supplies, they make my life so much easier, there isn't a page that goes by that I don't use at least one of their products.  Especially their adhesive backed matstacks, I always, always have to put a mat behind my photos, it is like an obsession and the adhesive part helps in making it adhere so much easier, and no measuring because it is already at a perfect 6.5"x4.5" to go behind my 6"x4" photos.

SO on to the project, check out this cute transformation.
 Supplies used:
              DCWV Holiday Collection Adhesive Cardstock Matstack
              DCWV Nana's Kids with Glitter Cardstock
              DCWV Children Clear Stickers-"Quote Sticker Stack" black and white
                          (like using Vellum with out having to figure out how to attach the quote)

               Mini box of Cereal
               Ladybug button from Button Mad
               A rhinestone that fell off of my daughter's clothes
               EK Success Ladybug Stickers (my mom sent them for my little ladybaby daughter :)
               Ribbon (picked mine up at Michael's dollar bin)
               Scissors and your choice of adhesive
              

 First I covered the box with Adhesive backed Cardstock, starting from the bottom of the box and then up the side(back of the box), for the front I covered the front and the lid of the box, tucking in the edges at top and folding over the sides.  The cardstock did not cover all of the side so I added a cute ribbon down one side and around the bottom to the other side, tucking the ends inside of the box.
down the side
tucked inside of the box
Next I added a sticker that I found in my DCWV quote sticker stack, love all of the quotes in the pack, and a couple of ladybugs from EK.
 For the front of the box, I cut out a glitter cardstock frame from DCWV's Nana's Kids 8x8 cardstock (sent to me from my Aunt Jeanie).
 I added 2 ladybugs that I purchased from Incomparable Buttons (Button Mad) that I had leftover from making my ladybug clock.  And a little tiny rhinestone that fell off of my daughter's pants, probably not archival safe but it's not going into a scrapbook page so I thought it would be okay.  No need to add glitter it is already on the cardstock.
Love adding a little bit of 3D to my projects.
Tie it down for a little bit to make sure things stick.
 Ta-dah a cute addition to my kids room, for their future desk.
Back of box, filled

Front of Box, filled.
DCWV even has adhesive cardstock in 12"x 24", so you could do large cereal boxes with it too, I just want to let you know that you shouldn't score the cardstock, because it has a white base and this will show through, but even though the cardstock is very thick, it bends really easily making the edges smooth.

I'm linking up to:
Creative Craft World-mini challenge
The Squirrel and The Fox -use ribbon
Repeat Impressions DCC1024 ~ Anything Other Than A Card
I also entered it in the CREATE , DCWV challenge

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful project! This would have taken me forever! Thanks for joining us at The House That Stamps Built! Oh...your header photo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea:) Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super project. Thanks so much for joining in with us at Creative Craft World.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so please leave me one.