Thursday, October 18, 2012

6 years ago

6 years ago I came to Greece on vacation for a month, 2 weeks by myself and 2 weeks with friends sailing the Cyclades.  I had a premonition that the trip would be life changing, in fact I bought life insurance thinking that a plane might fall down or the yacht would sink.  I knew that this trip of a lifetime would be life altering, I just didn't know how.
My first night in Athens I went to a Taverna and was showered with rose petals by the patrons and waiters, a good start to my trip.
The next day I walked around the ancient sights of Athens, I walked through the Plaka region and picked up a bottle of wine.  I went up to the top of the Acropolis before the sun set and watched the Greek Military boys take down the Greek flag, it was a very nice moment, not very many people around at that time of night.  I walked down to Areopagos the slippery rock just below the Acropolis and opened up my wine to enjoy the sun setting over Athens.  You would think I got this idea from Matt Barrett, but really I came up with it on my own.

A very pretty handmade button from South Africa by the company Button Mad

The flower on the page matches the one in my hair.

I cut out little rectangular boxes to look like a flag and placed patterned paper strips behind and then placed the Greek cross symbol that is used on the Greek flag over the top.
 This was just the beginning of a great trip.
Thank you Button Mad for the wonderful button.
I am linking this scrapbook page to :
Creative Craft World 
Purple Pumpkin 
Scraptastic Club

P.S. this is the first scrapbook page that I have done in a very long time, I was going to use some embossing powder and I put it on my page and then used my hot air gun thingie to melt it but instead everything started flying around, I couldn't understand what happened and then I remembered I was supposed to use Versa Mark and sprinkle the embossing powder over that, oops, well I scratched that idea after the powder just flew everywhere.  

Stay tuned to why this trip ended up being so life changing.

10 comments:

  1. Love your story and look forward to reading some more. Great page and what a fab button. Thanks for taking part in the Creative Craft World challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch. Your page has me intrigued as to what happened next. Thanks for playing along at Purple Pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so enjoyed reading your blog post. That's a super take on my sketch. Thank you for joining in with us at CCW.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely page Mara and I look forward to reading the rest of your story soon! Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Craft World. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page Mara, love your story too. Thank you for joining in with us over at CCW

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this page, thank you so much for joining in our challenge at CCW *hugs* Sarah x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you documented those special moments during your trip to Greece! Thanks for joining us at Purple Pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for using our sketch at Purple Pumpkin! I loved reading your story too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a creative interpretation of the sketch..thanks for playing along at PP

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely page! I adore Greece and have many happy memories from my holidays there. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so please leave me one.